This Policy is specifically limited to the web pages under the courses.autismspectrumteacher.com domain of AST and autismforteachers.com
- “AST” means Autism Spectrum Teacher and its web pages which can be accessed through the domain autismspectrumteacher.com.
- “Steph” means Steph Reed, the owner of AST, acting through AST
- “this/Our Website” means only the particular web pages of AST which can be accessed by visiting courses.autismspectrumteacher.com / autismforteachers.com
- Courses.autismspectrumteacher.com is also referred to as “We” or “Us” “Our” or “Our School” which shall have the same meaning.
- “Courses” means any/all of the courses featured on Our Website.
- “You” (or “Your”) means anyone (including a Subscribing School) enrolling in any of Our Courses and/or accessing this Website . Sometimes referred to “Students”, if they enrol for a Course.
- A “Subscribing School” means any school who enrols in Our Courses on the basis of a multi-user licence.
- “Teachable” means the software program created by Teachable Inc and/or the web pages of Teachable Inc accessible at Teachable.com.
- “Teachable School” means any main website, hosted by Teachable, which provides products and/or services.
- “myTeachable Accounts” – means centralized accounts that allow You to log in to any myTeachable-enabled school using the same credentials. You can use a singular myTeachable account to enrol in as many courses as You wish( with multiple Schools), and be able to access them from Your central dashboard at my.teachable.com. Note that Teachable School owners establish their own myTeachable Accounts.
- Non-myTeachable Accounts (also referred to as “School Accounts”) means each and every (if more than one) separate Account You establish, if either the School is not a Teachable-enabled school or, if You elect not to create a myTeachable Account to log into Our School (and any others) and which require its own set of login credentials.
- “Teachable Payments” is a payment gateway system which uses Stripe Express to process credit/debit card transactions when You pay for Our Courses as You enrol. Please note that for multi-user licences We issue an invoice and collect payment from You into Our bank account.
- “Data” means personal and non-personal identification information and vice-versa.
- “Data Controller” means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of processing Data.
- “Data Processor” means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes Data on behalf of the Data Controller.
- “GDPR” means the General Data Protection Regulation
- How We approach data privacy
- We take Our responsibilities under the UK GDPR seriously.
- We are fair and reasonable and process Data on a lawful basis;
- About AST
Steph helps professionals and parents maximise outcomes for autistic and neurodiverse learners by ensuring they are equipped with the knowledge and “tools” required to empower a range of abilities and needs. This is done through AST. You can find further information about Steph and AST here.
As part of Steph’s portfolio of support services, she authors, and appears in, the Courses which are available for You to enrol in.
- About Our Website host
Our Website is hosted by Teachable which provides the technological means through which We are able to broadcast and otherwise make Our Courses available. Teachable also enables the processing of payments and undertakes a number of analytical/administrative functions, which We can access, in relation to Our Courses, through Our myTeachable account.
- The respective roles of AST and Teachable in the collection and processing of Your Data.
Please note that it is not mandatory for You to open (or to continue to maintain) a myTeachable account, although We suggest You do so. Instead, You can log in to Our Website through a non-myTeachable account.
Where Your Data is collected and processed through Your School Account (i.e. if you do not elect to have a myTeachable account or, We transfer any of Your Data, to which we have access through Our myTeachable Account, off the Teachable platform and store it on Our platform) then We will be the Data Controller of that data.
What Data do We collect and when do we collect it?
- Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from You in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when You visit Our Website, register on Our Website, subscribe to any newsletter We may offer, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources We make available on Our Website.
You may be asked for, as appropriate, an email address. You may, however, visit Our Website anonymously.
We will collect personal identification information from You only if You voluntarily submit such information to Us. You can always decline to supply personal identification information, except that this may prevent You from engaging in certain activities on Our Website.
- We will have details of Your name and email address.
- When You enrol in a Course We are notified by Teachable with details of Your name, email address and the Course(s) You have enrolled in.
- We have access to other information ( see For what purposes do We require and use Your Data ?) through Our myTeachable account but, We do not transfer this information to the AST IT platform.
- We do not hold (or have access to) Your payment card details.
- Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about You whenever You interact with Our Website.
Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about You, the means of connection to Our Website, such as the operating system and the internet service providers utilised and other similar information.
- Web browser cookies
For what purposes do We require and use Your Data?
Your Data is collected and used for the purpose of enabling You to visit Our Website; to view details of the Courses; to enrol in the Courses if You choose to do so ; and so We can communicate with You about Our Courses and to provide You with other resources which We think You may be interested in.
We collect and use Your Data for the following purposes which we believe are Legitimate Interests under the UK GDPR rules.:
- As a means to do business with you
- when You use Our enquiry and registration forms
- when you purchase any of our products or services, including when You provide Your card payment details to settle an invoice for these products or services. The payment is collected through Teachable payments using the secure payments system Stripe. Please note that for multi-user licences We issue an invoice and You make a transfer to Our bank account.
- To improve customer service
- Data You provide helps us respond to Your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalise Your experience
- We may use Data in the aggregate to understand how You as a group, use Our services and the resources provided on Our Website.
In particular We can monitor and analyse, through Our myTeachable account, certain Course and Student information involving You (individually and as a group). This includes reports on, but, not limited to:
- Who has enrolled in any of Our Courses;
- Completion/non-completion of Our Courses;
- General levels of engagement in Our Courses.
- Date and frequency specific information about logins to Our School; and.
- Accounting/revenue information.
However, this information is controlled and processed by Teachable and We do not transfer it to Our own platform. For more details please refer to support.teachable.com/manage-your-school
- To send periodic emails
- We may use Your email address to send You information and updates about Your order.
- To respond to Your enquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
- If You decide to opt-in to Our mailing list, You will receive emails that may include Our newsletter, updates, related product or service information, etc.
If at any time You would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, We include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or You may contact Us at [email protected]
How do We protect Your Data?
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of Your Data, username, password, transaction information and other Data stored on Our Website.
How long do We retain Your Data for?
We will only retain, and use, Your Data for as long as it is reasonably necessary to fulfil the specific purpose or purposes it was provided for. It will then be destroyed.
Notwithstanding this, You can contact Us at any time to ask Us to destroy (or rectify in the event that it is no longer correct) Your Data (or any part of it) but, otherwise We shall be entitled to assume that Your Data remains correct and You are content that it should be retained by Us.
Do we share Your Data?
We will not sell, trade, rent or otherwise knowingly transfer Your Data information to any third parties. However, we may be required to provide Your Data if We are served with a valid Order applicable under UK law.
Third party websites
You may find advertising or other content on Our Website that link to the websites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties.
We do not control the content or links that appear on these websites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our website. In addition, these websites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing.
What are the rights of Data Subjects in accordance with GDPR?
For information about the rights of Data Subjects (You), or to express any concerns you have about how Your Data has been processed, please see ico.org.uk or write to:
Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow SK9 5AF (Telephone 0303 123 1113)
How can You contact Us regarding a data privacy issue?
Please read this Policy carefully and if you wish to raise any issues that arise then please contact Steph Reed at: [email protected]